NOW HIRING: Part-time Administrative Specialist
Part Time Employee.
Part time employees work a variable or fixed number of hours per week not to exceed 21 hours per week on average. They are not subject to CIB leave, holiday and sick pay as per CIB policies. Participation in benefit plans is not offered. This position will average 21 hours per week, with a typical weekly work schedule of three (3), seven-hour working days. Work schedule will be flexible and decided based on the CIB program needs and anticipated work load. Occasional evening and weekend work is required; at most once or twice a month with notice given prior.
The Administrative Specialist works under the supervision of the Development Coordinator and the Office Manager to support the Development Program (70% of time) and the organization’s administrative and program functions (30% of time). The Administrative Specialist supports the daily activities of the Development Coordinator and the Office Manager. Support activities include data entry and database operations, updating constituent and donor contact information, preparing communications, assistance with event planning and implementation, meeting scheduling and preparation, developing and managing requests for proposals, purchasing and greeting visitors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Specialist will;
- Enter data, manage data, and generate reports in the Center’s constituent communications and fundraising database. (Bloomerang)
- Assist the Development Coordinator with program communications including mass postal mailings and mass emails as well as follow up cultivation tasks.
- Schedule meetings and provide meeting and event support including setup, gathering supplies, breakdown, and note taking.
- Conduct purchasing and procurement operations in accordance with Center procurement policies.
- Keep up with front desk responsibilities, greeting any visitors and answering the general voicemail box in a professional manner.
- Assist with the upkeep of CIB offices.
- Research vendors, prepare, distribute and manage requests for proposals for services.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Development Coordinator, Office Manager and Executive Director.
- Minimum Associates Degree or currently enrolled in an Associates Degree Program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Prior experience working with fund raising database preferred.
- Data entry experience.
- Strong organizational ability. Demonstrates attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and behaviors.
- Experience with a variety of social media.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment while balancing multiple priorities to complete high quality work on time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed almost entirely within an office environment with some outside site visits. Assignments may require bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping, walking in rough terrain. Evening or weekend work to host and attend meetings and events may be required on rare occasions. A flexible schedule is permitted. The position is subject to the Center’s Office Policy Manual.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, genetic information and marital or familial status
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references in a single PDF document to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2017.