To join a survey team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (302) 226-8105 x 112.
The Inland Bays Volunteer Fish Monitoring Program is citizen science at its best. This all-volunteer effort is studying the fish population of the Inland Bays at 16 sites around the three Bays and their tributaries. 2011 was the first year of this long term study that will track the changes in the fish community over time.
What’s it like to do a Survey?
The project is completed by multiple teams of 3 to 5 volunteers which sample the sites using seine nets. The teams use 30 foot nets to capture fish which are identified, counted, measured, and returned to the Bays. With more than 100 species of fish known to use the Bays (48 collected in 2018!), teams never know what they will find.
Data and Project Reports:
- Inshore Fish Survey 2011
- Inshore Fish Survey Report 2012
- Inshore Fish Survey Report 2013
- Inshore Fish Survey Report 2014
- Inshore Fish Survey Report 2015
- Inshore Fish Survey Report 2016
- Inshore Fish Survey Project Report 2016
- Inshore Fish Survey Project Report 2017 (Coming soon!)
- Inshore Fish Survey Project Report 2018 (Coming soon!)
If you would like to participate in the survey,
contact CIB Environmental Scientist, Andrew McGowan
at email@example.com or 302-226-8105 ext. 112.
You will need to fill out a Liability Waiver for each individual or family member participating and give it to the Team Leader prior to your survey. Please note: Individuals under the age of 18 must have an adult chaperone on-hand at all times.