Some are killed crossing Coastal Highway. Unfortunately, nearly all the terrapins that are killed are adult females. Because they can live for 25-30 years and can continue to reproduce for two decades, every female lost is also a loss of all her potential offspring. One solution is more sandy beach habitat on the Bays. But, these are becoming rarer and rarer as shorelines are hardened with rip rap and stone.
Join us for these upcoming events.
- CIB Finance Committee Mtg.
2:30 pm - December 2, 2014
- CIB Executive Committee Mtg.
3:00 pm - December 2, 2014
- Science & Technical Advisory Committee Meeting
9:00 am - December 5, 2014
- Delaware Day at 16 Mile Brewery
12:00 pm - December 6, 2014
- CIB Board of Directors Meeting
1:00 pm - December 12, 2014