Some are killed crossing Coastal Highway. Unfortunately, nearly all the terrapins that are killed are adult females. Because they can live for 25-30 years and can continue to reproduce for two decades, every female lost is also a loss of all her potential offspring. One solution is more sandy beach habitat on the Bays. But, these are becoming rarer and rarer as shorelines are hardened with rip rap and stone.
Join us for these upcoming events.
- Horseshoe Crab Survey organization meeting and orientation
6:00 pm - April 7, 2015
- Citizens Advisory Committee meeting
5:00 pm - April 16, 2015
- Scientific and Technical Advisory Committee meeting
9:00 am - April 24, 2015
- Native Plant Sale Pre-Sale Cocktail Party
6:00 pm - May 1, 2015
- 11th Annual Native Plant Sale
9:00 am - May 2, 2015