The Development Committee of the Delaware Center for the Inland Bays is a network of Board members, loyal donors, business and community leaders working to achieve the philanthropic goals of the Center through a collaborative effort with the Board and the Center’s staff.
This committee aims to:
- Inform the development of and oversee the implementation of a long-range comprehensive development plan that includes a mix of strategies with action plans.
- Devise private fund raising policies and practices subject to the approval of the Board.
- Advise the Board on strategies and actions necessary to achieve annual and long-term fund raising goals.
- Help nurture a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization that includes respect and recognition to all donors of time and money.
- Increase the number of donors to the organization from various sources including foundations, corporations, local businesses, community organizations and individuals.