Volunteer Training: Discovery Bay
The Center is launching a new Discovery Bay Volunteer Program. Public programs are free programs suitable for participants of all ages and are hosted at the James Farm Ecological Preserve. Volunteers of this program will assist Center educators during public programs running from June through September. Volunteers and participants in this program get closer to the Bays than ever before as they search in the shallow water of the Indian River Bay for aquatic life.
This year, all training sessions will be held in-person and virtually through Zoom. Registration information and the required volunteer waivers are available online at https://www.inlandbays.org/get-involved/volunteer/. The dates and times for each training along with more information about each particular volunteer effort are provided below.
- Reforestation Survey: Wednesday, February 22nd at 6 pm at the Center’s office.
- James Farm Docent Program: Wednesday, March 1st at 6 pm at the Center’s office. To learn more about the program, visit inlandbays.org/james-farm-docent-program.
- Shorezone Fish & Blue Crab Survey: Wednesday, March 8th at 6 pm at the South Coastal Library. To learn more about the survey, visit inlandbays.org/fishsurvey.
- Horseshoe Crab Survey: Thursday, March 30th at 6 pm at the Lewes Library. To learn more about the survey, go to inlandbays.org/horseshoe-crab-survey.
- Diamondback Terrapin Survey: Wednesday, April 19th at 6 pm at the South Coastal Library. To learn more about the survey, visit inlandbays.org/terrapins.
- Discovery Bay: Wednesday, April 26th at 6 pm at the Center’s office. To learn more about public programs, visit https://www.inlandbays.org/projects-and-issues/all/james-farm-preserve/public-programs-at-the-james-farm-ecological-preserve/
Recordings of all training sessions will be made available on the individual programs’ webpage following the scheduled sessions.